I have a 1998 Kia Sportage. I was driving and the gas and brakes

Mommaof2

stopped. I pulled over and now car wont start When I try to start it, it makes the noise like it is going to start, but does not. Also the brake pedal is completely hard and the gas pedal has no resistance at all. The lights and radio work so I do not think it is the battery. Also there is about a quarter tank of gas. I had new front brakes put on about a month ago. Any ideas??
Yea good idea p3200tmz, wanna buy it? Judging by your answer you have got to be about 16.
yes p3200tmz I want a reliable car, but in my name I didnt have room to put that I was a full time student and do not work, so its a little hard to buy a new car right now, thanks for your opinion though. You can move on from my question, since you are not answer it AT ALL. I didnt ask about the safety issues once.

p3200tmz

Rookie
Sell it to a 16 yr old kid for $500 and get a better car, like a Ford Escape or something

No thank you, I know better than to buy such lemons.

My answer is a good one because I'm telling you to stop wasting your hard earned cash on that money pit, with NO resale value and get a better, more reliable vehicle. In the small SUV category, the Ford Escape (and Mazda Tribute - same thing) are among the best. And a used one, a few years old and not too many miles can be a great value.

Of course, judging from your name, as a mother of 2, I'd say that you'd want the Safest vehicle possible, and that, my friend, is not an SUV, but a standard 4-door sedan (or wagon). Such as, a Chevrolet Impala/Pontiac Grand Prix/Buick LaCrosse, or if you want to go a little smaller, Chevrolet Malibu/Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion. They're all excellent vehicles.

the rocket

Check that the pipe that runs from the inlet manifold to the servo if its fractured it will draw air and give problems simular to what you have.