I want to get sport bike thinking a ducati but how do you know what size to get?

Looking to get a sport bike thinking a ducati but how do you know what size to get? I know they cost more than others but I like them and i should be able to manage the cost to get it. backround about my riding I've been riding dirt bikes for about 7 years and have riden a sport bike a couple of times. also how much more will a ducati cost over other bikes to maintain? also i'm 6'3"

rhand182

Rookie
Couldn't really reccomend a Ducati. They have inferior performance and reliability compared the big four Japanese companies and Triumph and they cost more too. They aren't a bad bike it's just that they aren't up to the standards that the Japanese and British have set. A good size if your just starting would be from 600-700 cc's. If you've been riding awhile then you could probably handle anything. I'm 6'5 and can comfortably ride most any superbike with very minor modifications so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

L

Low_Jac

You will feel like a monster on top of that bike. It's made for riders that are 5'10" or smaller. Look at all the sport pro riders.

Nice bike's just to small for us tall guys. I'm 6'4". Not gonna fit me.

rambo1214

My best suggestion for you is to first go to the Dealership and sit on the bike. You may just find out that you hate the seat of the bike. Me personally I don't like the clutch lever position of our Ducati so I stick with our SV650. The engine size doesn't matter as long as you understand that you do not want to give the bike full throttle until you are experienced with it's power, weight and performance. With a Ducati your looking if you buy it new at a 500 dollar service at 600 miles then from there it's oil changes and other small maint. here and there. According to our dealer is you use the manual you can do the work yourself. Our 07 Ducati Monster 1000 was 10,000 dollars.