If a 1989 Mustang Saleen a nice car? collector car?

Andyr

My dad has one and it's his pride and joy. I thought it was just him until I saw my boyfriend gush over it too. What's the deal???

Tomsriv

Rookie
Its a guy car. Its cool for the mechanicals, not the bodystyle. Its kind of like the original Jeep in that it is made to perform and its appeal is in its ability to perform well. The jeep is made to perform off road and the mustang is made to perform in a 1/4 mile. That Mustang is a lot easier to work on and modify than a 93 and newer mustang. If you go to the drag races, nearly every modified mustang is a 79-92 like your Dads.

thechaleman

It was a great car in its day, and still is capable of running with the big boys. They sell tons of parts for them to make it handle like a porsche, but with out the gay ass attitude porche drivers have.

Plus its likely to become very collectable as Steve Sallen is the Carroll Sheby of today in many ways.

I had a 86 Mercury Capri 5.0 and with a simple bolt-ons and a motor rebuild it would run 13 flat in the quater, run 145mph flat out, get 30 mpg at 65mph or 27mpg at 75mph. Plus it would corner with the 911's and if I got a jump could actually leave them behind.