Im dreaming of having offroad bike on streets?

Nihal F

Next year I will take a bike. And I want an offroad bike on the streets.... I heard its possible. But the bike is not available in India, My dream is to have a KTM 125 EXC which I think is streat legal. What will be the approx prize if its imported and will maintainance be a headache for mee???

thedarkinall

I use to work at a KTM, Yamaha, and Suzuki dealership. If you buy the KTM (which I love the 200 EXC). The first thing you should do is disasseamble the entire frame. And Lubricate every bearing and bushing. I use a product like Maxima or Bel Ray grease. Change the oil, just skip the break-in oil. Go right too a ultra high grade synthitc in the trans. I do not use the factory shell oil. It is hard to get, and break down very fast. Other then that. Buy a spare shifter or 3, safter wire everything, and ride the crap out of it. Kill The Mud, Konquer The Mountian, Kick The Mother. You call it!

Maintenance isn't to big of a deal.
Adjust & lube the chain
Clean the air cleaner
Change the oil
If you're just riding on the street, look at that stuff once a week and adjust what's needed on the weekends.
Before you buy the bike, see if a shop manual is available. Buy a manual and read the maintenance procedures to see if you can handle it.
http://www.motocom.com/motorcycles/