Is the 1989 Buick Century a good car?

gvaporcarb

A car is only as good as the Maintenance that's been performed on it during it's Life. If you know for a Fact that it's had all of it's scheduled maintenance, Oil Changes, Transmission Fluid and Filter Changes, Hoses, Belts, Cooling System Flushout, Thermostat Changed, Brakes serviced, Chassis Lubrication, all of that, and more.If not, you're going to have to do it ! I've got an '89 Chevy Celebrity 2.8 that's had all it's scheduled Maintenance. I paid $400 for it almost 4 Years ago, and it still runs great, with over 160,000 Miles on it. And the A/C works great, and it gets around 20 MPG in Town. But, it needs to be repainted, and that's why it was so cheap.The '89 Buick Century is about the same Car, if it has the V-6, and 4 Speed Automatic.

jonjon16

I'm getting a 1989 Buick Century in a few days and I wanted to know if a little under a 120,000 miles on it great for it being that old and if it was a good running car?

Don E

Rookie
The century was a good old car with a V 6 that got about 24-26 miles to the gallon.This car should be good for a few more good miles.

dodge man

Rookie
those are good cars to own,they didn't give very many problems when they was new,and one that has low mileage on it should be ok,they ride and drive good and are fairly good on fuel also,if you get a good one and take care of it,it should last you a long time,keep in mind though its an old car and will give problems once in a while any car will new or used, good luck with it.

dodge man

Rookie
those are good cars to own,they didn't give very many problems when they was new,and one that has low mileage on it should be ok,they ride and drive good and are fairly good on fuel also,if you get a good one and take care of it,it should last you a long time,keep in mind though its an old car and will give problems once in a while any car will new or used, good luck with it.