Looking at a honda Shadow Ace with 24K miles?

stickmanstewy

I am looking at a 2002 Honda Shadow Ace with
24,000 Miles on it. The bike loades with Accessories and and extra clean, so this makes me believe the the owner took great care of it.

the bike is at a honda dealer so I assume that is has been inspected, it's not a shady dealership

The price seems good. $3800 out the door (tax title...)

I am concerened with 25k miles.

Any help

Thanks

Kevin

B

boogie_4wheel

25K isn't bad. I know of an ~01 with over 35K and runs just as hard as my mom-in-law's Ace with 6k on it!

If it looks like it has been taken care of, it probably has. Decent amount of miles in the time, so many of them are probably highway and the bike could have actually been used as a tourer.

Sounds like a good deal to me!

Daniel

i wouldnt worry about that, that is a decent price, and motorcycles retain their value better than cars.

it is the older bikes with low miles that you worry about (like my '79 with 18k miles)

they last better when they are used. i would say go for it!

B

boogie_4wheel

25K isn't bad. I know of an ~01 with over 35K and runs just as hard as my mom-in-law's Ace with 6k on it!

If it looks like it has been taken care of, it probably has. Decent amount of miles in the time, so many of them are probably highway and the bike could have actually been used as a tourer.

Sounds like a good deal to me!