My bike won't start. I have a 2004 Yamaha Road Star and it just sits.?

Harry C

I put 25,000 miles on my bike since I bought it new in 2004. I had some custom work done on it in 2006 and have been in love with the road since. In 2007 I took it to Apex Motorsports in Colorado Springs for a tune up and some pm. It has never run right again.

Apex's GM won't take my calls. He just hangs up on me. Yamaha called Apex, and told me to take my bike somewhere else. The other dealer in town has tried, but it never ran right since Apex and now it won't start. The battery is charged, the gas is on and fresh, the pet ck is set correctly, the plugs are clean and good. The starter is cranking away, but the bike won't start. As the weather got colder it got harder to start and now it flat out won't start even in 50 degree weather.

I put 1,000 miles on my bike (waaay below my average) since July 2007 due to problems since Apex.

If you have ideas, I'm open. If I save you the misery of losing your bike due to Apex Motorsports in Colorado Springs, you're welcome.

beingagood1

Okay, it's a Yamaha. It works. It is just that everything has to be correct. If the gas is getting to the combustion chamber and it is not starting, then the plug should come out wet. Next, hold the plug against the cylinder fins and crank it over. Is it sparking? Is the spark nice and blue? Okay, you got gas, you got spark. How about the timing. Is it timed properly? This is crucial. Of course, you have to have compression. If you got gas, you got spark, you got compression, and it's in time -- shoot, man; it's got to say something. By all the laws of physics I conjure thee. Start up!

mike j

Rookie
like Yamaha said take it somewhere else and have them look at it and tell them the problems you are having with it. Apex probably broke something.