Need advice buying a honda civic SI?

lilrandy415916

Hi a used dealership car lot has a 1999 Honda civic SI with a clean title and 88K miles on it for $8995. I originally wanted to only pay $7000 for it, do you think that is to low or to much, and should i try and get lower? Also is there a limit of time used dealer lots hold cars for if they don't sell? or do they hold them until they sell? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
They are offering a warranty for a year with it and various other lower warranties such as 3-6 month. But the asking price does'nt include any other fees.

actuary0424

kbb says that a 99 honda civic si with standard options in excellent condition should sell for $9780 in the retail market. http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=1999&Mileage=88000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=18&Condition=Excellent&ModelId=123&PriceType=Retail&VehicleId=5605&SelectionHistory=5605%7c8031%7c48430%7c0%7c0%7c
I suggest checking out the private party and trade in values for the car and plugging in more information to see if you are getting a deal. But make sure you haggle with them. DO not pay sticker price! Don't let them know your bottom line... start lower than what you are willing to pay... maybe you can get closer to $7500? idk good luck! and thank you for buying honda! you will be happy!

actuary0424

kbb says that a 99 honda civic si with standard options in excellent condition should sell for $9780 in the retail market. http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=1999&Mileage=88000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=18&Condition=Excellent&ModelId=123&PriceType=Retail&VehicleId=5605&SelectionHistory=5605%7c8031%7c48430%7c0%7c0%7c
I suggest checking out the private party and trade in values for the car and plugging in more information to see if you are getting a deal. But make sure you haggle with them. DO not pay sticker price! Don't let them know your bottom line... start lower than what you are willing to pay... maybe you can get closer to $7500? idk good luck! and thank you for buying honda! you will be happy!