problems with the dashboard of my car, can someone help??

M

moonchild_87

i have a 98 chevy cav. and at night when i drive home from work my dashboard lights will turn off. i end up having to turn the headlights off and then back on to get the dashboard lights to come back on. i do this a couple of times b4 it stays on. can someone tell me what is wrong?

hotrod dave

Re: i have problems with the dashboard of my car, can someone help??

i have a 98 chevy cav. and at night when i drive home from work my dashboard lights will turn off. i end up having to turn the headlights off and then back on to get the dashboard lights to come back on. i do this a couple of times b4 it stays on. can someone tell me what is wrong?
hi moonchild, At first thought I thought you had a bad ground,loose wire,etc.
but after thinking about what you stated,i think you probably have a bad headlight switch. I would look there.

hotrod Dave,

dejil77

Re: i have problems with the dashboard of my car, can someone help??

I thought you had a bad ground,loose wire,etc.
but after thinking about what you stated,i think you probably have a bad headlight switch.

coupons

First, did you already have basic wiring in the vehicle? That one calls for a power module.If a simple converter was used, then it could cause the vehicles electrical system to be over worked.If you are getting shocked, then might be as simple as a bad ground.Also, if they used a generic spice on module, they might have probed the wrong wire. This could cause the dash lights to illuminate. If this is the case, the vehicles memory needs to be cleared. In some vehicle this could be as simple as disconnecting the negative battery cable for about 10 min. If not, then the dealer needs to clear it using a diagnostic tool.