Purchased a trouble not a car yesterday! Please help me!?

Sai Pavan

I purchased a car yesterday. Its in good condition. I dont have a license but have a learners permit. I didnt know until today morning that I can register the vehicle or atleast get a tmpeorary tag using that. Now that the car doesnt have a tag or a license plate, it is vunerable. I tried to buy the insurance using the VIN number on the title(which is the only thing I got yesterday after giving money to the seller) and discovered that there is a typo in the VIN. One number is missing (it has only 16 digits, suppose to have 17). I checked the number I wrote down to get the carfax report (I got the number from seller on phone) and one '5' is missing. I purchased the insurance and now would like to know what needs to be done. The vehicle is also not inspected. So I researched a little bit and found that I need to apply for a 30-day temporary registration waiver. I would like to know if the title I have will be valid if I try to use that tomorrow. what should I do.

X

xTF rules :)

You ONLY got the VIN number from the seller? You should have gotten a pink slip, that is the title to the car. Without that there is no way of knowing if the car was recently stolen, or who it might belong too. You NEED to try and get a pink slip. After that you have to bring it to the DMV(or an AAA) to register it to your name. If you cant do it with a permit, then do a joint registration with you and a parent or relative. someone who you can TRUST.

Amos.a

Rookie
I purchased a car yesterday. Its in good condition. I dont have a license but have a learners permit. I didnt know until today morning that I can register the vehicle or atleast get a tmpeorary tag using that. Now that the car doesnt have a tag or a license plate, it is vunerable. I tried to buy the insurance using the VIN number on the title(which is the only thing I got yesterday after giving money to the seller) and discovered that there is a typo in the VIN. One number is missing (it has only 16 digits, suppose to have 17). I checked the number I wrote down to get the carfax report (I got the number from seller on phone) and one '5' is missing. I purchased the insurance and now would like to know what needs to be done. The vehicle is also not inspected. So I researched a little bit and found that I need to apply for a 30-day temporary registration waiver. I would like to know if the title I have will be valid if I try to use that tomorrow. what should I do.
Hi Mr. I suggest to get registered first of all and then inspect the car and if you do not have a license than you have a learner permit yet you can enjoy the safe drive. Make all security checks and be relax.