Questions about hooking up a stereo in a Chrysler...?

curiousteen

is there anyway you can hook up an amp and speakers to a factory radio/tape deck? My friend said that the factory stuff is made where you cant hook a system up to it, and i would have to buy a cd player too. Is that true? I have a 1997 Chrysler Cirrus.(i know, old and crappy)

actualy at walmart they make a plug that converts your rear speaker hook up ( or any speaker really ) to an RCA modulator, kind of like a "T" connection. Than you could run the remote wire to the fuse box and hook it up to the radio fuse ( that way when ur radio kicks on the amp does too and vise-versa) you wont get the best of sound, but its the only way to do it for stereo's without remote wires/RCA hook ups

actualy at walmart they make a plug that converts your rear speaker hook up ( or any speaker really ) to an RCA modulator, kind of like a "T" connection. Than you could run the remote wire to the fuse box and hook it up to the radio fuse ( that way when ur radio kicks on the amp does too and vise-versa) you wont get the best of sound, but its the only way to do it for stereo's without remote wires/RCA hook ups