Saab 9-3 Fuel Pump Relay?

steviemurphy50

Does anyone know where the fuel pump relay is situated in a W-Reg Saab 9-3 2.0L Turbo Diesel i have been all over the car and i can't find it???

jeligula

Sorry, I don't, but as a SAAB owner, I feel your pain.

Edit: I found this on the www.saabnet.com forums. Your diesel may be an entirely different beast, however.

“Not so sure about this tip from a labor standpoint as getting to the relay requires an act of god. I’d almost guess that cutting up the rear floor is easier. On the 9000, if the relay is conveniently under the hood where it’s accessible, then yes. On my 2001 9/3 it’s under the dash, behind the fuse panel somewhere. You basically need to be born there in order to service it.”

In my 92 9000CD Griffin Edition, fuses and relays are hidden everywhere, even under the carpet in the trunk.

jeligula

Sorry, I don't, but as a SAAB owner, I feel your pain.

Edit: I found this on the www.saabnet.com forums. Your diesel may be an entirely different beast, however.

“Not so sure about this tip from a labor standpoint as getting to the relay requires an act of god. I’d almost guess that cutting up the rear floor is easier. On the 9000, if the relay is conveniently under the hood where it’s accessible, then yes. On my 2001 9/3 it’s under the dash, behind the fuse panel somewhere. You basically need to be born there in order to service it.”

In my 92 9000CD Griffin Edition, fuses and relays are hidden everywhere, even under the carpet in the trunk.