Should i buy a Daewoo Matiz for my 1st car? i want a reliable small car 4 the

half-pint

Rookie
school run, n e 1 got 1? i have found a used daewoo matiz for sale which i am very interested in as it has m.o.t untill the end of year & 6 months tax & is immaculate! plus i want a little car as this will be my 1st car but i wanted a 5 door as i have a little boy which is kinda why i need a car - 2 many long walks in torrential rain twice a day! Has n e 1 got n e advice on weather or not these cars are reliable & worth buying?

mackayc23

im sure this was the car of the year in 2001 or something so cant be that bad...but i must say the parts are a bloody nightmare to get hold of.....but then again rarely fail.....maybe i need a new car??

ALASTAIR L

I bought one that was 18 months old to use to commute to work and for it's size I was quite surprised by it's abilities. The only drawbacks I found in the two years I had it were the plonkers who underrated it and tried to overtake as soon as they pass the national speed limit sign at the end of a built up area. They seemed to think because you drove at 30mph in the town you wouldn't get faster out of it. I used to enjoy accelerating away and leaving them sitting on the wrong side of the road. I know you shouldn't do it, but judging a book by it's cover is also wrong.
Eventually it got wearing though and I got something different when it came time for a trade in.
A good small car though with low running costs - more than adequate for most "about town" needs if folk were honest with themselves.