The clutch on my Vauxhall vivaro van decided to flap around like a wet fish while...

THE DISH

...on the way home today.? Sitting on the M25 i decided to keep driving untill i got closer to home. When i stopped at a set of traffic lights i slipped out of 6th gear and was waiting to see if i had to drive it without the clutch when lo and behold the pedal was back to its former glory and as solid as it was in the first place. I have read the manual and in good old Vauxhall fashion they haven't included anything about the clutch ie..... is it a cable or fluid pressure type or anything else. Any ideas would be a great help as i have a 90 mile drive to work and my dealership in the morning........

gsf1200

Rookie
Hi there,
These vans are the same as the Renault Traffic and Nissan Primastar and are fitted with a self adjusting fluid clutch system comprising a master and slave cyclinders, the master cyclinders are favourite for failing and need replacing quite common, you can try bleeding the system but 9 times out of 10 they need replacing.
Hope this helps.

the rocket

The self adjusting mechanism is slipping.Id suggest that you get a replacement part as possible as it will eventually pack up.Its a self adjusting ratchet that does wear out!.It will get you there.