Tyre Pressure Check

lisaroy1

Rookie
One of the things that takes little time but helps your car a lot is checking the tire pressure.

Incorrect tire pressure not only causes tire damage but has a direct consequence on your safety
and stability on the road.

Here's the procedure :

1. The first thing you need to do,to make a proper check is to preferably put your car on a horizontal surface
(not on a uphill, downhill etc.)

2. You need a tire pressure gage (digital or analogue). If you don't have one in your car equipment, buy one.
Even the most fancy ones don't cost a lot and you can buy them almost everywhere.

3. Take off the cap on the air valve (put it in sight, you can loose it easily)

4. Put the gage on the valve and press. The gage will instantly tell you the tire pressure.

5. Look at the markings on the tire or the plate that's by the driver door. On them are the correct
values for the pressure on your tires.

6. Inflate or deflate the tire to the correct pressur

hbofoates

Rookie
Good post, hopefully everyone knows how to check their pressure, helps save a bunch on gas and is just routine maintenance.

Thanks for the information and the checklist. These are the points to be remembered I m sure that I will do the same..

Thanks

Thanks for the informative post I am sure it will help people unaware of how to maintain air pressure in their vehicles to understand its checklist as mentioned.

Not always are they careless. But yeah sometimes they are very casual about this and tyre pressures are taken as granted.

lindadale

Rookie
Thank you so much for sharing such a nice points.All your points will be noted.I have a truck and i sometimes become lazy to check tyre pressure but now keep in mind your checklist