Was nothing wrong with the car before renault got their hands on it?

Kevin C

Rookie
It went to local garage and had glow plugs changed, but immobiliser wouldn't go off. Mechanic says it's a common problem and has to go to dealer for computer reset. Towed to dealer who are now saying fusebox has gone, even although there were no problems with car before glow plugs were changed. And they wonder how I have no faith in them!

robert s

Rookie
sounds to me as they let a trainee fix your car and shorted the electrics and blown/burnt out the fuse box.. get them told to sort it.. it was fine when it went there phone head office make them pay for their mistake dont sit back and get ripped off good luck

robert s

Rookie
sounds to me as they let a trainee fix your car and shorted the electrics and blown/burnt out the fuse box.. get them told to sort it.. it was fine when it went there phone head office make them pay for their mistake dont sit back and get ripped off good luck

Chris j

used to have renault scenic and the immobiliser wouldn't go off, had it turned off and feew weeks later engine blew up £700. renault is a common problem and should be stopped from making cars

alan w

Rookie
It's typical I had this with my corsa, the crank shaft went, and low and behold it was a common fault with corsa and when I took it back to the dealership they gave me £553 worth of "urgent" jobs that needed to be done. After a few phone calls I had the "urgent" jobs done for £88. My advice stay away from dealership. I know my story has nothing to do with yours I'm just saying it happens to us all, While you were at the dealership did you notice the mechanics stables in the back for there horses? Bloody chancers.