What are the main differences between riding a Harley Davidson and a regular...

biggibbingib

...road production bike??? I currently ride a Yamaha MT 03 and have done for 12 months (I love it by the way!). Its my first bike but now feel very confident on a 600cc machine.

However i plan to go on a bit of a tour soon and would love to do it on a Harley Davidson (Proberly a Custom Softail FXSTC) or something along those lines. I have never sat in a HD riding position or riden a HD before.

What tips do you have for riding Harley Davidsons compared to standard road bikes? is there any difference (am i just worried about nothing!?!?) ? Does the fat rear wheel make any difference? Low center of gravity? Weight of bike? All these must make a difference i assume?

I do have the option of riding a Bandit or Monster instead, but to experience the trip on a Harley Davidson would be fantastic.

Info, tips and advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

B

bucks_cnty_m

your making a good choice with the Softail, It's an easy bike to ride. Harleys have a reputation as being hard tough bikes, its not the case at all. I have been on everything from a 89cc dirt bike to a 1200cc hog. I really think the Harley is a comfortable ride. Its not a sport bike like your use to, sport bikes are high maintance to drive, but a Harley basically drives itself. You could always go to your local Harley dealer on a Sat when they have "demo Days'' and ride a number of Harleys no charge and no pressure.