what can i get for a 2006 mazda 3 to increase the horsepower?

INTAKE,headers, catback exhaust, better spark plugs and spark plug wires. get your ecu flashed its pricey but its an instant 20-30hp gain. later on you can go turbo

Jayme L

Rookie
The easiest thing you can do is Cold Air intake. You can do this your self. Depends on skill level. The next thing would be exhausts system. Now don't mistake that it just make your car louder. Manufactures have to save money on everything even the exhausts. Aftermarket exhausts give better flow their for increase horsepower by 5-10% same with cold air intake. There for you are gaining 10-20% power. I would recommend you stop there. Since the limit for horsepower on Front Wheel Drive is 250-260. Anymore then you will get miles and miles of understeer.
Why? You are asking the front wheels to deal with 250 rampaging horses and the steering and 60% of the braking also most of the weight.
And a fast car isn't about horsepower. It's about weight and handling. So if you want to go even faster shed some weight from the car with carbon fiber body parts and lighter racing bucket seats.
Improving Aerodynamics also helps acceleration. Lowering the car might help.
I hope this helps you.

Jayme L

Rookie
The easiest thing you can do is Cold Air intake. You can do this your self. Depends on skill level. The next thing would be exhausts system. Now don't mistake that it just make your car louder. Manufactures have to save money on everything even the exhausts. Aftermarket exhausts give better flow their for increase horsepower by 5-10% same with cold air intake. There for you are gaining 10-20% power. I would recommend you stop there. Since the limit for horsepower on Front Wheel Drive is 250-260. Anymore then you will get miles and miles of understeer.
Why? You are asking the front wheels to deal with 250 rampaging horses and the steering and 60% of the braking also most of the weight.
And a fast car isn't about horsepower. It's about weight and handling. So if you want to go even faster shed some weight from the car with carbon fiber body parts and lighter racing bucket seats.
Improving Aerodynamics also helps acceleration. Lowering the car might help.
I hope this helps you.