What car is better the honda civic or the mitsubishi lancer?

Clarisa

Looking to buy a new car, and thought I was decided on the civic until I saw the new '08 Lancers. Not sure I like the way the new civics look either unless you get the top of the line which would end up costing me more money? Which is the better car for the price and quality?
American cars are NOT an option.... too many bad experiences.

Main choices are civic and lancer, but i also looked into the toyota scion

tafreshian

I would go Lancer because i like to show of my car and the civic is not for showing off and Mitsubishi is a vary nice exterior but the engine and the transmission busts up faster then Honda if you want to show off Lancer if you just want a car to get you around for a long time Civic

C.C.

I know A LOT about cars.. Hondas are very reliable. Cheap, easy to fix. Their parts are pretty generic but good so they are cheap to fix. They drive very well and Mitsubishi's are just pretty. I like the way that they look, but they do break a bit easier than Honda Civic's. My neighbor had a Lancer and it had MASSIVE problems in the first week..

Eric F

Rookie
mitsubishi's are the worst build import car made.
the lancer evo is getting lots of press due to its performance enhancements, big whoop.

getting parts for the Civic would be easier and cheaper than a mi-sushi any day.
If you watched this one mi-sushi ad, they were offering a 10 year 100k warranty, and in small parenthesis, which I had to utilize my Tivo to freeze frame, it said (labor excluded)
which means, you pay them excessively high dealership labor, they pay for the part(s).

Wendy

I would go with the Honda. The resale value will be better. It will be worth it in the end.