What is so wrong with having even cars? (McLaren copy of Ferrari?)?

jimbob

As one of the few people who can appreciate Nascar (as its own flaws) and F1 I posed the question because as I see it F1 suffers from a lack of competitive balance. I've watched F1 from a distance since around 94. In that entire time I would imagine that their were less than one pass for the lead per race. Im not counting taking the lead based on pit stops, I mean one guy passing another under full speed on the track. I would imagine it happens less than 1 time in every 3 races.

For me I all I want to see is competitve racing. Sure what McLaren is accused of or found guilty of is not right but in a business of 100's of millions of dollars are we so naive to think this is the first or last time?

Racing is about on track performance! Perhaps F1 would do better to narrow the gap between haves and have nots?

purpleCat

Because it's cheating. Let's say you are sitting for an exam. The guy sitting next to you glances at your answers and writes exactly the same answers. You score an A and so does he. Would taht be alright? It isn't fair right? BEcause to achieve something or win, you'd have to do it yourself by using your brains.

Dawg

Rookie
Spending billions to develop and run a world beating racing team in the most advanced form of racing on the planet just to have your competitors steal it all away and have that be ok does not sit well with the teams, sponsors, fans or drivers. If you want cookie cutter racing there's plenty of other series to watch.

There is nothing wrong with having even cars, if the rules stipulate that all teams run the same engines, tyres, aero packages, etc . . .

There is a huge problem if the cars are even only because one team decided to use design data that was stolen from a competitor!