What is the unfiltered truth on 2001 Volvo XC Cross Country's?

Emily J

Having just recently totaled my Kia Spectra (hit a deer, God I wish those things would think before they take a sprint in front of my car), I am looking for a used car. Saw a 2001 Volvo XC Cross Country for $8800.00-and I can put down half of that price now. Carfax checked out-great mileage. Already took it for a drive-love it. Is this a good deal or is there more than meets the eye on this? Would like to know the truth on 2001 Volvo XC Cross Country's. I'm a commuter and really want something reliable that I can trust-I know it looks like a 'mom' car-and I'm 24-but at this point in the game, I really want something that is more professional.

cuse71122

Rookie
XC stands for cross-country- the XC70 is really geared more towards those who off-road. If you are a commuter, you would be better off with a Volvo V70 as opposed to the XC70. You might also look at the Saab 9-5, or a used Audi A4/ BMW 3.

cuse71122

Rookie
XC stands for cross-country- the XC70 is really geared more towards those who off-road. If you are a commuter, you would be better off with a Volvo V70 as opposed to the XC70. You might also look at the Saab 9-5, or a used Audi A4/ BMW 3.