Where to get Auto Insurance for New Driver?

nycxwes

So I just got my drivers license at the age of 30 apparently a shameful disgraceful act that puts me in the scum of human beings as I have lived in New York for 23 years and everyone who asked me this question looks at me like I'm trash for not having a drivers license earlier but that's not my question.

Apparently since I am a new driver I cannot get auto insurance from companies like Geico or Allstate because I don't have 3 years of driving experience and 1 year of autoinsurance so I cannot join their elite companies insurance.

So what other insurance can I get ? I mean I am 30 years old I am not going to be careless driver or anything.

Typically, insurance rates are filed by the various insurance companies that are licensed to do business in your State, and they vary from State to State.

The best thing to do is call a LOCAL independent agent. Just look in the phone book for the PIA or Big I (Trusted Choice) logos and you will find a professional licensed agent that will be able to help you solve your insurance problems, and give you rate comparisons of several different companies.

An independent insurance agent will normally have a dozen different companies and if he cannot help you, he should be networked with other local agents that can.

In my agency, we have companies that charge a little extra and some that do not.

Most of the replies on this site say "go to this on-line carrier or that on-line carrier or that 1-800 number" but I'm sure that when you do, you'll find that MOST of them are going to reequire prior and more time "behind the wheel!"

Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps

-Ice-

Typically, insurance rates are filed by the various insurance companies that are licensed to do business in your State, and they vary from State to State.

The best thing to do is call a LOCAL independent agent. Just look in the phone book for the PIA or Big I (Trusted Choice) logos and you will find a professional licensed agent that will be able to help you solve your insurance problems, and give you rate comparisons of several different companies.

An independent insurance agent will normally have a dozen different companies and if he cannot help you, he should be networked with other local agents that can.

In my agency, we have companies that charge a little extra and some that do not.

Most of the replies on this site say "go to this on-line carrier or that on-line carrier or that 1-800 number" but I'm sure that when you do, you'll find that MOST of them are going to reequire prior and more time "behind the wheel!"

Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps
That's definitely the right thing to do... And if you're having trouble with getting or choosing auto insurance for your car, then you can check out this Online Auto Insurance site and choose from the best and cheap auto insurance deals from your area..

Good luck buddy... :)