Infiniti recommends replacing the Cabin Micro Filter every oil change. I try to replace it every 10,000 Miles because of the area I live in. If you can change the intake air filter, you can change the cabin filter. Make sure you have regular tools handy.
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Pick Tool
1. Remove the instrument lower passenger panels and glove box.
A. Carefully lift up and remove the Passenger Side Front Door Sash Trim.
B. Remove Plastic Nut that secures the Passenger Side Kick Panel
and remove Kick Panel.
C. Remove the Lower Cover (Under the Glove Box)
downward to access the Lower Glove Box Assembly
D. Remove the two Lower Glove Box Assembly Screws
F. Open the Glove Box Door and remove the four Upper Glove Box
Assembly Mounting Screws and the Glove Box Door Latch.
E. Move the Glove Box Assembly
2. Remove the filter cover, then remove the in-cabin microfilter.
3. Take out the in-cabin microfilter from blower unit.
4. Replace with new one and reinstall on blower unit.
5. Reinstall the instrument lower passenger panel
When installing a new microfilter make sure of the following:
• The filter is installed so that the arrow, on the end of the filter, is facing the rear of the vehicle and is pointed upward.
• The microfilter sits on top of the two black plastic tabs, not behind them.
• The ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel slides below the microfilter.
NOTE: If the microfilter is improperly installed, the ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel pushes directly into the microfilter, causing distortion. A distorted microfilter may interfere with the recirculation door.
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Pioneer Challenges Premier Dealers to Build the Best Sound Quality Demo Car
- Do You Need a Car Camera
- 2007 Navigator DVD to Navigation screen??
- Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS-Review Components
- Planning to sale my old car in Cyprus!
- Can you buy concept cars ?
- What is a good drift car?
- How To Do Wheelies
- Car Audio Electronics
- 2005 jeep,blows 50 amp cooling fan fuse
- What is the best GPS to buy for my car, under $200?
- How to keep a garage dry?
- What is Thrust ball bearings ?
- Buying a Used Car tips
- Why you need liability insurance