If your idea of a good time is angry V8 stock cars on an oval, then you need to fire up your Xbox One and open Forza 6. In a surprise announcement today, Turn 10 Studios has announced a full Nascar expansion pack for Forza Motorsport 6. In much the same way as the Porsche pack added new cars, a new story mode, and several interesting objectives, the Nascar pack brings the same collection of gameplay additions. There are 24 new cars, although most are identical aside from liveries, and a new track. The cars include four Ford Fusions, eight Toyota Camrys, and 12 machines wearing a Chevy badge. The new track is the Homestead-Miami Speedway, the home of the Nascar championship races.
If you love your high-speed oval racing, this is about the best way to experience it today on the modern generation of consoles.
The new expansion is available today for the price of $20. Turn 10 promises that along with the new cars and tracks, that the new campaign content is good for a full ten hours of racing. You won’t find track time for as cheap as $2 an hour anywhere else. Watch the launch video, then head farther down the page to see all the new cars coming with the expansion.
NASCAR Expansion Content
The NASCAR Expansion for Forza Motorsport 6 features 24 NASCAR cars from the 2016 NASCAR season, representing five of the most celebrated and successful teams in series history. Here’s a closer look:
Chip Ganassi Racing
Chip Ganassi has a deep history in racing, winning his first race at age 18 in a Formula Ford. Ganassi raced in CART and in sports cars with success before buying into Patrick Racing in 1988 and later forming his own race team, Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR), in 1990. Since then the team has grown from a single CART entry to two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and two in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, four cars in IndyCar Series, two cars in in the WeatherTech United SportsCar Championship, two in the World Endurance Championship, and two Global Rallycross teams. Together these teams have collected 18 championships and more than 160 wins. In NASCAR you will find Jamie McMurray driving the Chevrolet #1 McDonald’s/Cessna Chevrolet SS and Kyle Larson behind the wheel of the #42 Target Chevrolet.
· 2016 Chevrolet #1 Chip Ganassi Racing McDonald’s Chevy SS
· 2016 Chevrolet #42 Chip Ganassi Racing Target Chevy SS
Joe Gibbs Racing
Whether you associate Joe Gibbs with his storied NFL coaching career – where he took the Washington NFL team to three Super Bowl titles – or his NASCAR racing teams which have earned four Cup Championships, winning is the common factor. Joe Gibbs Racing operates four NASCAR Sprint Cup cars with Denny Hamlin driving the #11, 2015 Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch behind the wheel of the Toyota #18 Camry, Carl Edwards in the #19, and Matt Kenseth in the #20.
· 2016 Toyota #11 Joe Gibbs Racing FedEx Express Camry
· 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing M&M’s® Camry
· 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Interstate Batteries Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing ARRIS Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing STANLEY Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Subway Camry
· 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Dollar General Camry
· 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing DEWALT Camry
Debuting in 2009 as an owner-driver, three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart partnered with Gene Haas, founder of the largest CNC machine tool builder in North America, to form Stewart-Haas Racing. The team has built itself up to run four teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series. Danica Patrick is currently the only female driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series piloting the #10, Stewart races the #14, Kevin Harvick is in the #4, and Kurt Busch drives the #41. All the Chevrolets are powered by Hendrick Motorsports engines.
· 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Jimmy John’s Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Outback Steakhouse Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #10 Stewart-Haas Racing Nature’s Bakery Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Mobil 1 Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #41 Stewart-Haas Racing Haas Automation Super Sport
Since 1984, Hendrick Motorsports has earned a record 11 car owner championships in NASCAR’s premier division, the Sprint Cup Series. The organization fields four full-time Chevrolet teams on the Sprint Cup circuit with drivers Kasey Kahne (No. 5), Chase Elliott (No. 24), Jimmie Johnson (No. 48) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (No. 88).
· 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports FARMERS Insurance Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports Great Clips Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #24 Hendrick Motorsports NAPA Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #48 Hendrick Motorsports Lowe’s Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport
Team Penske is one of the most successful teams in the history of professional sports with 28 National Championships across open-wheel, stock car and sports car racing competition. Known by his nickname “The Captain,” Roger Penske has been a cornerstone to racing for more than half a century. Team Penske’s NASCAR Sprint Cup driver lineup includes Joey Logano in the #22 and teammate Brad Keselowski, 2012 Sprint Cup champion, driving the #2.
· 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Alliance Truck Parts Fusion
· 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Brad K. Fusion
· 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske Shell-Pennzoil Fusion
· 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske AAA Fusion
Born in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, which devastated the area in 1992, Homestead-Miami Speedway was built as part of the region’s reconstruction. The original layout was a rectangular oval modeled after Indianapolis Motor Speedway. However, due to the track’s shorter length (about 1.5 miles) passing was difficult and made for dangerous crash angles. After attempts to widen the aprons did not resolve the problems, Homestead received a massive reconfiguration in 1997, turning the track into a true oval. Further renovations such as improved banking and lighting for night racing have made it not only a fan favorite, but the home of the NASCAR championship races since 2002. The track also features a road course for sports cars, making Homestead-Miami a justifiably famous and inarguably sunny racing destination.